All permanent cosmetic procedures are multi session processes. You may need to come back for at least one touch-up visit before it can be determined that your work is complete. It is recommended that Touch-up visits are scheduled within 4-6 weeks.
Be prepared for the color intensity of your procedure to be larger, sharper, brighter and darker than what is expected for the final outcome. It will take time for this transition for the wet ink to dry to a soft powder form, approximately 7-10 days.
While these injected tones may initially simulate the exact color and tone desired, it will not always remain a perfect match. Injected tones are constant, while your own skin tones will vary depending on exposure to cold, heat, sun and circulatory changes. For example, if you tan your skin and had a scar camouflaged, your surrounding skin will be darker in appearance than the treated area.
Recommendations for your appointment:
- Bring your lip, brow or eye pencils to the office on the day of the procedure.
- Any tweezing or waxing should be done at least 48 hours prior to the procedure; electrolysis no less than five days before.
- Any eyelash or eyebrow tinting or eyelash curling should be done no sooner than 5 days before or four weeks after the procedure.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following the eyeliner procedure. Remember to bring your glasses. You many resume wearing your contact lenses as soon as your eyes return to their pre-tattooed condition in 5 days.
- If you are having lip procedures and have any history of cold sores/ fever blisters/ herpes simplix, you will be required to contact your physician to obtain the proper prescription medication to prevent such outbreaks.
- Refrain from the over use of alcohol, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, Ibuprofin or Coumadin for 7 days before and 2 days after any procedure. Refrain from judgement- altering drugs for at least 24 hours prior to any procedure. No medication should be discontinued without first consulting your physician.