First of all, contact your tattoo/cosmetic tattoo artist and tell them about your concerns (wrong colour, wrong shape, scars etc.). Ask about the brand and colour of the ink which was used during the procedure. A different shade of brown should be used for each individual skin type. Ask if the artist can remove the tattoo or give a refund.
Note: there is a difference between a badly performed tattoo and you changing your mind. If you’ve got what the artist advertised and showed in their portfolio, then you have chosen that service. However, if the result is very different from what you’ve seen in the portfolio, or the colour isn’t correct, feel free to ask about free correction, tattoo removal or a refund.
The below tips are about how to help your skin to remove the ink (naturally straight after the tattoo procedure) and when you can have Laser/Non-Laser Tattoo Removal, for healed tattoos.
If your eyebrow tattoo is freshly done (1-4 days):
*Wipe them with Hydrogen Peroxide;
* Put a thick layer of the petroleum jelly (Vaseline or Lucas’ Papaw ointment) on the brows for 2-3 hours to keep the brows wet, then clean them with soapy water/hydrogen peroxide and then put on a fresh layer of Vaseline. Repeat for the next 6-7 days.
*Spend more time outside: the pigment fades when exposed to the sun (don’t use a sunscreen on the tattoo area)
* Swim in a pool every day for the next 2 weeks (chlorine is an aggressive chemical and it will affect your fresh tattoo)
* Visit the sauna, or spa with a steam as soon as possible (the more you sweat, the more the pigment goes away and the more the scabs peel naturally)
*Exercise a lot. When you exercise and sweat your metabolism boosts and your immune system naturally cleans itself.
Note: Do not pick the scabs. You may get scars and infect the wound. At all times, keep the tattoo clean and hygienic.
If your brows were done 10-30 days ago:
* Visit a swimming pool every day, do exercise, don’t avoid direct sun exposure
* Use a scrub or deep chemical peel (ask your beauty therapist about this)
If your unwanted tattoo is more than 4 weeks old:
I recommend starting with a laser treatment (or a non-laser technique, such as Rejuvi, which can be used for a small area or if there were not good results from a previous laser treatment). (Please note that I do not provide laser tattoo removal, but I do provide a Rejuvi service).
In laser removal, a ‘Q-switch’ laser light breaks down the ink in your skin and makes the ink drain out through your lymphatic system over 1-2 months. It may take 4-15 treatments to remove all the ink from the skin. The final result depends on the chemical composition of the ink used, how deep the ink is in your skin, your skin type, metabolism and immunity system.
Please note that the colour of your eyebrow tattoos will change after the laser treatment because of colour inversion. For example, after the first treatment, it may turn from blue to red-brown or from red to grey and then become lighter after the following treatments. The timing between the laser treatments must be 1.5-2 months.
When the Rejuvi (non-laser tattoo removal) is performed, a suspension solution is put into the skin with a needle. It will make the colour pigment expel from the skin and produce scabs. The scabs naturally peel off in 6-12 days. You may need 1-5 treatments and timing between the treatments must be 1.5-2 months.
For more information about Rejuvi Tattoo Removal here: click here
Please note: Laser or Rejuvi Tattoo Removal can leave scars on your skin. It is very important to follow the aftercare procedure and not to pick or touch the healing scabs.
If you want to discuss your personal situation with me, please send me an email containing the following information:
- Pictures of your eyebrows. Please send a good quality, close-up picture taken in daylight that clearly shows how your tattoo looks (do not use any makeup, filters or photoshop). When taking the photo, please have the light in front of you, not behind. Use the main camera, not a selfie.
- Tell me how old your permanent makeup is and how many treatments you had.
- Where possible, send a link to your tattoo artist’s portfolio (this is important as it gives me an idea about the technique they used on your skin).
- If you know, send me information about the ink (brand of pigment) and the tattoo method (e.g. done manually (microblading) or with a machine).
The Consultation Fee for this service is $20 (please attach your payment confirmation in the same email).
Consultation fee: $20
Bank details: WPM by Dasha 06-0513-0816777-00 (please use your name as the reference)
#tattooremoval #badperformedpermanentmakeup #badperformedtattoo #WaystoRemoveMicroblading #getitremoved #LASERTATTOOREMOVAL #rejuvi #tattooremovalwellington #wellingtonpermanentmakeup #microblading #howtofademicrobladingathome #howtoremovesemipermanenteyebrowsathome