After Care For Permanent Cosmetics:
If there is any swelling immediately after the procedure, an ice pack should be applied for no more than 15 minutes at a time.
You may experience the following for several days after the procedure.
- Eyelashes or eyebrows sticking together in the morning. Rinse eyes with eye wash daily for 5 days. If eyes continue to stick together inform us ASAP so we can get drops for your eyes.
- Puffy eyes
- Light bruising near eyelid or brow area
- Gently apply Lucas’ Papaw ointment (lips). Do not USE in eye area.
- Do not rub skin when washing your face for at least 10 days
- Do not pick or scratch tattooed area.
- For after care on hair simulation procedures, do not wash the area, scrub, pick, or get any chemicals on the area until it is healed.
- Do not wear contacts 5 hours after eyeliner procedure
- Do not wear makeup on tattooed area until area has healed
- Use sun screen and avoid harsh chemicals or Retin A, this may color to fade or discolor.
- Do not put anything at all on tattooed area except Lucas’ Papaw ointment. That includes lotions, tanning creams, makeup, antibiotic ointment, Retin A, water, or terri cloth towels. DO NOT USE ON EYELINER
- The tattooed area will be dark for the first several days and will fade. Lips will fade about 50% after the first three days into a natural shade. While healing, the tattoo will look spotty.
- Stay out of chlorinated pools, sun beds for at least 1 week.
- Do not use antibiotic ointment or anything else during healing.
- If cold sores are seen on the lip area, call your doctor for a Valtrex prescription ASAP. Put nothing else on the lip area!
- If your eyes are red from the eyeliner procedure you can use emergency eyewash that can be purchased at any drug store. Eyewash that contains boric acid works well.
- You may apply Lucas’ Papaw ointment on your lips every hour for the first three weeks. This will prevent dryness.
- If you experience an allergic reaction contact your doctor ASAP, and contact Dasha (0221546407). Please sleep upright for the first night.
- No smoking immediately following the lip procedure. If smoking can be avoided, apply a heavy coating of aquaphore and cover your lips with your hand while smoking.
- No Gym at least 2 weeks after a treatment
Avoid for 1 week:
- Soaps, facial cleansers, water on pigmented areas
- Washing pigmented area
- Chlorine pools
- Retin-A on pigmented areas
- Makeup on pigmented area for 5 days, including non-allergenic
- Hot, steamy, long showers
- Sun on pigmented areas
- Spa, jacuzzi or saunas
- Terry towels on pigmented areas
- Shower with your back to the water to avoid water, shampoo and conditioner from getting into the pigmented areas. Have a sufficient amount of Shea Butter or Shea Oil on the pigmented area during showers
Do not be alarmed by fading after the first application. The final color cannot be judged until at least 3-4 weeks after the touchup applications are completed. This is the reason follow-ups are required.
NOTE: Inform your doctor if you plan on having laser so that he can cover the tattooed area. Also collagen and permanent makeup do not mix! If you want collagen, get collagen first and permanent makeup after. You may have to get more touchups with collagen because of the lip distortion after collagen.
*****ALERT**** Exact color cannot be determined and may need to be adjusted. All skin is different and more touchups may be needed. Color needs to be checked every year. No refunds on permanent makeup. Please do not get this done if you are not able to get required touchups.